MRDS Newsletter: REED Update Fall 2007
REED Update Fall 2007
In the past thirty years, the Records of Early English Drama (REED) project has published 23 collections in 25 volumes. With half of the job done (and eighty percent of the unpublished field research completed), REED-USA, Inc. proposes a strenuous fundraising effort to process more quickly the completed collections as they are submitted, to make electronic publication of the series a reality, and to finish the project in a timely fashion.
As of March 2007, REED-USA, Inc. is a United States Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable corporation which can accept U.S. tax-deductible donations either by credit card or by check. REED's editorial offices, staff, and publisher remain at the University of Toronto, but for the first time in the project's history U.S. donors do not have to locate an air mail stamp to Canada; discover that the postage rates increased since the stamp was purchased; buy another stamp; write a check/cheque to "The Associates of the University of Toronto"; note on the memorandum line "Restricted to REED"; write a letter to the REED Office in Toronto for its donor records; enclose letter and check in the stamped envelope addressed to REED Toronto; discover that "air mail" now is "first-class mail international" with higher postage; and hope that a tax receipt from "The Associates" arrives within the fiscal year.
Now U.S. donors to REED can make a gift online at www.reed-usa.org. Credit card information is transmitted through a secure connection and is not stored after the transaction is complete. Prompt electronic confirmation of the gift is followed by a tax receipt via the donor's mailing address. At present, REED-USA, Inc. is an entirely volunteer nonprofit organization. For further information, please contact Barbara D. Palmer, 105 Legend Drive, Fredericksburg, VA 22406; telephone 1-540-899-2328; e-mail email@example.com. Please enhance your tax deductions, air miles, and REED's conclusion: be a REEDer. No gift is too modest and all gifts are deeply appreciated.
REED Publications To Date
1. 1979 York Alexandra F. Johnston and Margaret Rogerson
(eds). 965pp in 2 vols. University of Toronto Press. $95 £65 ISBN:
2. 1979 Chester Lawrence M. Clopper (ed). 591pp. University of Toronto Press. $60 £40 ISBN: 0-8020-5460-9.
3. 1981 Coventry R.W. Ingram (ed) 712pp. University of Toronto Press. OUT OF PRINT.
4. 1982 Newcastle upon Tyne J.J. Anderson (ed). 216pp. University of Toronto Press. $60 £40 ISBN: 0-8020-5610-5.
5. 1984 Norwich 1540-1642 David Galloway (ed). 501pp. University of Toronto Press. OUT OF PRINT.
6. 1986 Cumberland/Westmorland/Gloucestershire Audrey Douglas and Peter Greenfield (eds). 548pp. University of Toronto Press. $95 £65 ISBN: 0-8020-5669-5.
7. 1986 Devon John Wasson (ed). 623pp. University of Toronto Press. $100 £70 ISBN: 0-8020-5706-3.
8. 1989 Cambridge Alan H. Nelson (ed). 1502pp in 2 vols. University of Toronto Press. $175 £120 ISBN: 0-8020-5751-9.
9. 1990 Herefordshire/Worcestershire David N. Klausner (ed). 734pp. University of Toronto Press. $125 £85 ISBN: 0-8020-2758-X.
10. 1991 Lancashire David George (ed). 600pp. University of Toronto Press. $125 £85 ISBN: 0-8020-2862-4.
11. 1994 Shropshire J. Alan B. Somerset (ed). 834pp in 2 vols. University of Toronto Press $175. £114 ISBN: 0-8020-0648-8.
12. 1996 Somerset, including Bath James Stokes with Robert J Alexander (eds). 1142pp in 2 vols. University of Toronto Press. $175 £130 ISBN: 0-8020-0459-8.
13. 1997 Bristol Mark C. Pilkinton (ed). 468pp. University of Toronto Press. $125 ISBN: 0-8020-4221-X.
14. 1999 Dorset/Cornwall Rosalind Conklin Hays and C.E. McGee / Sally L. Joyce and Evelyn S. Newlyn (eds). 720pp. University of Toronto Press. $150 ISBN: 0-8020-4379-8.
15. 2000 Sussex Cameron Louis (ed). 404pp. University of Toronto Press. $150.00 ISBN: 0-8020-4849-8.
16. 2002 Kent: Diocese of Canterbury James M Gibson (ed). 1899pp in 3 vols. $500. Published in North America by University of Toronto Press ISBN: 0-8020-8726-4 and in the European Union by The British Library ISBN 0-7123-4803-4.
17. 2004 Oxford John R Elliott, Jr, and Alan H Nelson (University); Alexandra F Johnston and Diana Wyatt (City) (eds). 1322pp in 2 vols. $400. Published in North America by University of Toronto Press ISBN: 0-8020-3905-7 and in the European Union by The British Library ISBN: 0-7123-4856-5.
18. 2005 Wales David N Klausner (ed). 720pp. $250. Published in North America by the University of Toronto Press ISBN: 0-8020-9072-9 and in the European Union by the British Library ISBN: 0-7123-4911-1.
19. 2007 Cheshire (including Chester) Elizabeth Baldwin, Lawrence M Clopper, and David Mills (eds). 1504 pp in 2 vols. $400. Published in North America by the University of Toronto Press ISBN: 978-0-8020-9326-4 and in the European Union by the British Library ISBN 978-0-7123-0935.