MRDS Newsletter: Business Meeting Agenda Spring 2007
Business Meeting Agenda Spring 2007
MRDS Business Meeting Agenda
Friday, 11 May 2007, 5:15 p.m., 1035 Fetzer
1) Welcome (David Klausner)
2) Presentation of minutes from last meeting (Gloria Betcher)
3) MRDS awards announcement (Max Harris)
a) David Bevington Award presented
b) Martin Stevens Award presented
4) Reports from allied organizations and publications
5) Treasurer's report (Gloria Betcher)
6) Vote approving the proposed amendment to the MRDS Constitution. Since the MRDS awards now include a graduate research award, the Council suggests the following amendment to the Societys constitution. The proposed change to the MRDS Constitution appears below underlined, italicized, and in bold. A vote on this amendment will take place at the annual business meeting in May 2007.
11. The President or a duly elected representative shall preside
at all meetings of the Council and of the Society. The President
shall appoint the Nominating Committee and other pertinent
committees, and shall supervise the affairs of the Society during
The Vice-President shall serve as presiding officer in the absence of the President, shall manage the Societys annual Research and Publication Awards, and shall assist in the affairs of the Society.
The Secretary-Treasurer shall keep records of actions taken by the Council and by the Society, including all voting matters, and shall present minutes for approval at the next annual meeting of the Council. The Secretary-Treasurer shall also serve as Treasurer, receiving and depositing in appropriate bank accounts all monies of the Society, keeping proper books of account, and presenting annually to the Council an annual statement of income and expenditures. The Secretary-Treasurer shall keep an up-to-date membership list of the Society, with addresses, and shall conduct mail ballots when necessary, and shall give notice when dues are payable and overdue.
8) Report on the MRDS Council meeting, including any business on which the Council requires a vote (David Klausner)
9) Discussion of any proposed Constitutional Amendments identified by Council. Vote to take place at the 2008 MRDS Business Meeting.
10) Nominations for Council seats (Gloria Betcher)
11) Topic selection for MRDS sessions at 2008 conferences:
a) International Congress on Medieval Studies, Western Michigan University, May 2008 (4 sessions)
b) International Medieval Congress, Leeds University, July 2008 (2 sessions)
c) Modern Language Association Convention, December 2008 (2 sessions)
If you have any suggestions for sessions, please forward them to Gloria Betcher at firstname.lastname@example.org before the business meeting. Remember that if you suggest a session, you must be willing to organize that session.
12) Introduction of new Council members
13) Closing remarks by President David Klausner