Spring 2012 - MRDS Annual Meeting Agenda, 11 May 2012
Agenda for May 11, 2012 Meeting, subject to the revision of the MRDS Council.
MRDS Business Meeting Agenda
Friday, 11 May 2012, 5:15 p.m., 2016 Fetzer
1) Welcome (Richard Emmerson)
2) Presentation of minutes from last meeting (Carolyn Coulson-Grigsby)
3) MRDS awards announcement (Pamela King)
• Alexandra F. Johnston Award
• Martin Stevens Award
• Barbara Palmer Award
• David Bevington Award
4) Treasurer's report (Carolyn Coulson-Grigsby)
5) EEDTS (Richard Emmerson)
6) Website (Gloria Betcher)
7) ROMARD (Jill Stevenson/Mario Longtin)
8) Elections & Terms
• Results of Council election
• VOTE on Proposed Amendments to Constitution affecting membership of Council:
Vote to take place at the 2012 MRDS Business Meeting. Proposed changes to the MRDS Constitution appear below. It is proposed that [text in bold and bracketed be deleted] and text underlined, italicized, and in bold be added.
1. There shall be a non-profit educational society called the Medieval and Renaissance Drama Society. Its purposes shall be to effect annual meetings of scholars and other persons interested in medieval and Renaissance drama, to sponsor long-range projects of interest to such persons, and to support the publication of material of interest to the Society, including the Early European Drama in Translation (EEDT) Series and Research [Opportunities in] on Medieval and Renaissance Drama.
2. The executive powers of the Society shall be vested in a Council consisting of a President, a Vice-President, a Secretary-Treasurer, and six other officers elected by the paid-up members of the Society. The Vice-President shall be elected every two [three] years for a single two-year [three-year] term, after which (s)he will ordinarily succeed the President without further election; the President shall serve a single two-year [three-year] term; the Secretary-Treasurer shall be elected for an initial five-year term and, thereafter, shall stand for election every three years for three-year terms; the other officers of the Council shall be elected two each year in rotation for no more than two successive three-year terms. An Editor of the MRDS Newsletter and an MRDS Website manager shall be appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the Council. [(S)he] They, in addition to the Editor of Research on Medieval and Renaissance Drama, shall be [a] non-voting members of the Council.
• Nominations for 2013 Council election (nominating committee)
10) Topic selection for MRDS sessions at 2013 conferences:
• International Congress on Medieval Studies, Western Michigan University, 9-12 May 2013 (4 sessions) – paperwork due June 1
• International Medieval Congress, Leeds University, 1-4 July 2013 (2 sessions). Conference Theme: PLEASURE
• Modern Language Association Convention, Chicago, 9-12 January 2014 (2 sessions, one co-sponsored)
• Possible co-sponsorship with Marlowe Society again, or Middle English Language & Literature Excluding Chaucer group, or a Shakespeare group.
Left Over Topics:
• Falling off the wagon: Alternative staging outdoors (Stokes?)
• Wise Women in Medieval Drama (Napolitano)
• Horsing Around (Epp?)